Subject: Re: "Callback returned error" with public key authentication, under windows, linux works

Re: "Callback returned error" with public key authentication, under windows, linux works

From: Frederick Reimer <freimer_at_freimer.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:45:05 -0400

Hmm. I don't know the details of SSH, but based on the text of the message and knowledge of PKI I can take a wild guess. Perhaps the Windows box does not trust the root cert that signed the public key, while the Linux box does trust the cert that signed the public key? That's what it sounds like to me... How else would you "verify" a public key other than checking the signature on that against trusted root certs?

HTH,

Fred Reimer, CCIE 23812 CISSP 107125
mailto:freimer_at_freimer.org