Subject: Re: [Patch] add read/write user callbacks

Re: [Patch] add read/write user callbacks

From: Arvid Picciani <aep_at_exys.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:02:48 +0200

Hi Peter,

> The second is that the callbacks should probably be called by
> _libssh2_send() and _recv() rather than at every call site.

Yeah, that's what I thought first. Unfortunately it looks like *_send is
defined to send (3) on posix, and I was unsure if it should be a function
call on all platforms.

> This means changing _libssh2_send() and _recv() to take session as a
> parameter,

I prefer that as well. it also means compilation fails for old code.
easier to spot then.

> Finally I'd like some documentation about the send and recv callbacks
> to explain what they can do and what they can not do.

uuh...
I have no idea how to write manpages, but i can try when i find some
free time.

> and I think you added one
> blank line too many.

oops