Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 version 1.2.6

Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 version 1.2.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:39:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Peter Stuge wrote:

>> ... and now I've committed a fix that made me able to do that as well!
>
> Can you say how large the packets are that libssh2 generates?

I've now limited libssh2 to only take 32500 bytes payload when it creates an
FXP_WRITE packet.

> I believe there's a disconnect between the buffer size used by the calling
> app and packets that are generated by the library.

The buffer size of the app doesn't really matter now (and frankly it didn't
before either). libssh2_sftp_write() will only read as many bytes as it stuffs
into a single packet and pushes down the stream and it will return that
amount. The app will of course call libssh2_sftp_write() again when it returns
short.