Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 version 1.2.6

Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 version 1.2.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:34:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

>> I've now limited libssh2 to only take 32500 bytes payload when it creates
>> an FXP_WRITE packet.
>
> Out of curiosity, where does this 32,500 byte limit come from? Is it a
> protocol limit?

It was a bit taken out of the air as I didn't recall the exact limit from the
spec, but the draft we're following[*] says:

    All servers SHOULD support packets of at least 34000 bytes (where the
    packet size refers to the full length, including the header above). This
    should allow for reads and writes of at most 32768 bytes.

[*] = http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt