Subject: Re: agent support

Re: agent support

From: Thomas Stover <thomas_at_wsinnovations.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:19:24 -0500

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:05:26 +0200, Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se> wrote:

> agent is an opaque structure and you can not assume
> anything about it's contents. In particular, agent->fd is not used
> with Pageant on Windows.

ok the pageant thing makes sense. Although in the case of locally talking
to pageant, that would be considered "fast", so maybe that could be checked
for and handled differently. Which brings up a related question.

If I connected to a ssh server on a windows computer that supported agent
forwarding, with a forwarded agent, then executed a libssh2 program on that
windows machine - would it be able to use the agent from the first
computer?

I'll take a guess and answer my own question. In cygwin perhaps it would
work fine using the emulated unix domain sockets, but a native windows
build of libssh2 would probably not have a way to do it. (unless openssh on
windows supports such a mechanism [oh well just another reason I wish there
was a more hacker oriented ssh server])

--
www.thomasstover.com