Subject: Re: mingw cross compilation

Re: mingw cross compilation

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:03:51 +0200

Thomas Stover <thomas_at_wsinnovations.com> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:57:43 +0200, Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I'm not sure what the problem is, which Mingw version is this?
>
> gcc version 4.3.2 (GCC)
>
> Although I built it myself. Now that I'm on the ubuntu/debian boat, I need
> to just start using the standard packages. It all got started when I had to
> make my own builds of cross mingw-w64 snap shots. That's another road all
> together.

Debian unstable has mingw64 packages too, maybe you could try them? I
must admit I haven't done that myself yet, even if I have been wanting
to for some time.

>> There is a libtool error message in there that it cannot find a shared
>> version of the OpenSSL library, possibly if you install a shared
>> libssl+libcrypto it will work, but I'm not certain.
>
> I thought I was. I'll poke around.

First try to see if building with --disable-shared makes libssh2 build.
Of course, you won't get shared libraries, but maybe at least it will
build.

>> I wonder why it is that mingw builds just work for me, and rarely does
>> for anyone else. Maybe because I avoid OpenSSL. :-)
>
> Worst of all, openssl for windows really wants to be built with an active
> perl build script and visual studio to take advantage of the optimized
> assemble. Lately that process doesn't even work for me.

Can't you use libgcrypt instead?

/Simon