Subject: Re: libssh2_session_startup is failing with "Failed getting banner"

Re: libssh2_session_startup is failing with "Failed getting banner"

From: Ishwar Ande <ishwar.ande_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:43:16 +0530

Hi,

Please find the attached trace logs of libssh2.
Sometime I am getting "Failed getting banner" error and sometimes "Unable to
exchange encryption keys". I have attached the trace logs for both the
instances.

Please analyze the logs and let me know the problem.

Thanks and regards,
ishwar

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se> wrote:

> Ishwar Ande wrote:
> > I have tried with the sftp.c example and I was able to transfer the files
> > from Linux as well as Solaris machines. When I use the same code sequence
> in
> > my application, the call to libssh2_session_startup is failing with
> "Failed
> > getting banner" and returns -1.
> >
> > What might have caused this problem? Am I missing something?
>
> No idea without more info. Please send what Daniel asked for.
>

> > What can I do to resolve this ?
>
> It also helps if you send the code you are using. Ideally the
> complete program, so we can see what if anything is going on *before*
> the call to libssh2_session_startup().
>

> //Peter

Regards,
Ishwar.