Subject: Re: Error Handling with Net::SSH2

Re: Error Handling with Net::SSH2

From: David E. Wheeler <david_at_kineticode.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:08:38 -0700

On Jul 12, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> The error, thrown in that last statement, is:
>>
>> -37 LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN Would block requesting userauth list
>
> This might be a wrong error code as I think we fixed a bug related to such a case a while ago. What libssh2 version are you using?

The report for these issues came from Bret Dawson, whom I've Cc'd.

Bret, can you check that with

  perl -MNet::SSH2 -le 'print Net::SSH2->version'

?

> I would recommend enabling debug tracing with libssh2 and that you then submit that log here. But a related test is also to see if for example openssh's sftp client can do the rename without problem.

Bret, I need to rely on you for this, too. In Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP, just add, near the top:

  Net::SSH2->debug(1);

Then tail your log (debugging will be sent to STDERR).

Thanks for the pointers, Daniel.

Best,

David