Subject: SFTP character encoding and problem with agent auth

SFTP character encoding and problem with agent auth

From: Željko Marjanović <savethem4ever_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:59:37 +0200

Hello,

I have implemented interface for using libssh2 library from Delphi/Object
pascal
(if anyone is interested look here
https://bitbucket.org/ZeljkoMarjanovic/libssh2-delphi/ ),
but I have a few problems/uncertainties about using the library.

Problems first :-)
I am unable to successfully authenticate via agent (putty pageant to be more
precise).
After I successfully initialize and connect to the agent via
libssh2_agent_init/libssh2_agent connect,
I cannot list identities via libssh2_agent_list_identities. The error code
returned is -39 and the
the last error str says: *Would block requesting userauth list*
I don't know what am I doing wrong. I have also compiled and tried the
example (ssh2_agent.c),
but I am getting the same error.

And now the question :-)
Is it possible to determine the character encoding the SSH/SFTP server is
using? I have read the protocol
specs for SFTP v3 and there is no mention of it, but in v4 default encoding
is UTF-8. Is it safe to assume
and use UTF-8 for default encoding?

Thank you in advance,
Zeljko

P.S.: I forgot to mention that I am using libssh2 ver 1.2.6.