Subject: Re: AES-CTR not available upon configure ibssh2 1.2.6

Re: AES-CTR not available upon configure ibssh2 1.2.6

From: A. Mark <gougolith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:59:41 -0700

Ok, I can be more specific. The 128KB buffer to be sent should be
encrypted with asymetric encryption preferably AES-256 or equal. It
would be also necessary to authenticate the hosts before sending this
data.The data would ideally be sendable both ways, but only one way
per application run and only once. Basically the data sent are
symmetric keys for a stream cipher that the apps will be using
subsequently. I'm using Gcrypt to generate secure memory buffers for
the 128KB initial data to be sent but gcrypt does not provide an api
to secure sockets. So, I was thinking either openssl or polarssl, or
the libssh2 approach (direct tcp-ip). And yes it did occur to me that
setting up the above with SSL / TLS libs is a pain because i have to
worry about certificates and i don't really know enough about those
things. I hope this is enough info...Thank you!