Subject: Re: switching cipher to none after authentification when data needs no encryption

Re: switching cipher to none after authentification when data needs no encryption

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:03:25 +0200

Hi again.

Sorry, I misunderstood a little.

Michel Valin wrote:
> As i understand it, the "none" cipher turns encryption off from the
> get go.

Well, yes. It's a cipher algorithm which results in no encryption.

> The question remains, how to switch from strong cipher at
> authentication time to no cipher for data transfer.

Yeah. You want to switch cipher in an established session, before
opening any channels. libssh2 has no API for this, but go ahead and
suggest something. If it's clean and you send a patch then I don't
see why it wouldn't be included.