Subject: Re: keyboard-interactive method gives access violation in MSVC 2008

Re: keyboard-interactive method gives access violation in MSVC 2008

From: Jose Baars <peut_at_peut.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 23:02:05 +0200

  Op 9/7/2010 4:13 PM, Ezequiel Ruiz schreef:

>>> Indeed. I've tested the code with Mingw (GCC 4.4) and it works OK.
>> This will be because Mingw doesn't give you the option of linking to
>> different runtime versions (such as Debug variants), not because MSVC
>> is 'broken' and Mingw is not. Your code will still be violating the
>> rules and works by luck.
>>
>> Alex

Can someone provide a url where these rules are roughly explained?

I find this all very interesting, but I work on systems where my 15 year old
programs happily keep running after 6 operating system upgrades. For
me it is very disturbing to read, possibly because I don't understand
what's
going on here.

TIA,
Jose