Subject: [libssh2] #189: Error is not correctly reported when authenticated user does not have access to remote_file

[libssh2] #189: Error is not correctly reported when authenticated user does not have access to remote_file

From: libssh2 Trac <trac_at_libssh2.stuge.se>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:05:23 -0000

#189: Error is not correctly reported when authenticated user does not have
access to remote_file
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter: www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawmvjpzhdvrzdugilqti7ni8qkfjov_hilk | Owner:
     Type: defect | Status: new
Blocked By: |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 I noticed this when trying to use scp_send (indirectly via scp_send64) to
 send to a remote file to which the authenticated user did not have access.
 scp_send returns a null pointer, but the error is LIBSSH2_ERROR_NONE.

 For SFTP (using various functions) if a request is made involving a remote
 file to which the authenticated user does not have access, it will fail
 with LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT. That makes more sense than the
 previous case, but still isn't very helpful.

 This is a problem for both SCP and SFTP so I made it a protocol problem,
 but maybe it should be two tickets?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.libssh2.org/ticket/189>
libssh2 <http://trac.libssh2.org/>