Subject: Re: so compression is a bit broken

Re: so compression is a bit broken

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:15:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, TJ Saunders wrote:

> A related issue is:
>
> http://trac.libssh2.org/ticket/184
>
> The patch there adds some trace logging of the zlib return value for failed
> zlib calls; perhaps that can help aid in the debugging of why compressed
> uploads are failing?

Ah yes, thanks. Although my current work has now split the single compression
function into two separate ones: one for compression and one for decompression
since it now does the entire transport_write + compression without extra
mallocs. Which probably means the logging will have to be done slightly
different.

I'll probably push these initial transport changes soon anyway and then anyone
interested can join in and help out with the compression problem while I
continue on changing the _libssh2_transport_write() proto to accept two data
areas which should help decrease the amount of mallocs even further...