Subject: Re: Enhanced buffering made faster uploads!

Re: Enhanced buffering made faster uploads!

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:48:47 +0200

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 01:42, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> I'll have to setup a way to run my tests over a network with very large
> latency. I believe I know how...

When testing networking for a customer with high-speed, long-latency
network issues I used a nistnet setup with three computers: One in the
middle w/two network cards (gigabit, in this case), running nistnet,
and two others representing the endpoints. The nistnet software let
me set bandwidth, latency, packet loss etc. In addition I used 'pload'
just for graphical monitoring of speed. This worked very well and you
can really simulate just about anything. (NB: As soon as you go into
high bandwith, long latency setups you'll begin to get affected by the
kernel's networking setup itself, which may affect things.)

-Tor