Subject: Re: trace always enabled?

Re: trace always enabled?

From: Neil Gierman <ngierman_at_roadrunn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:43:14 -0500

On May 20, 2011 7:38 AM, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I've been thinking about libssh2's ability to provide detailed traces when
built with --enable-debug. It is a very useful feature and we ask for such
traces almost at once for just about every bug report we get.

> How about we enable the trace feature for all builds unconditionally? It
will take away the huge hurdle for people that has to rebuild the lib etc
and it will better allow apps to also be able to ask libssh2 to provide
tracing etc.

> There might be some very minor performance penalties involved but we can
probably make sure they are very small. I still think the gain in
convenience will compensate more than enough.