Subject: Re: configure with non standard openssl installation path

Re: configure with non standard openssl installation path

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:22:08 +0200

Bill Segall <bill_at_segall.net> writes:

> I'm endeavouring to cross-compile libssh2-1.2.8 but I don't see a valid
> mechanism for telling configure the location of my openssl libraries.
>
> configure.ac seems to understand a --with-openssl which tells it that I
> should use that over gcrypt and it alludes to a --wtih-libssl-prefix= option
> but that seems not to actually have been implemented. As I'm cross-compiling
> libssh isn't going to be found in my system path.

It is implemented. What are the commands you are using, and what error
do you get?

Normally you either use ./configure CPPFLAGS=foo LDFLAGS=bar to hard
code library settings, but you can also use ./configure --with-openssl
--with-libssl-prefix=/foo/bar/root/usr to do it in a platform
independent way.

/Simon