Subject: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

From: Ezequiel Ruiz <eruiz_at_barcelona04.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:53:24 -0300

Hello everybody,

I'm trying the libssh2_sftp_seek64() function in my code, and for some
reason it doesn't seam to work.
My code is something like this:

file = libssh2_sftp_open(sftpinstance, name.c_str(),filemode,0);

char *data[128];
libssh2_sftp_read(file,data,128);

It reads the buffer without problem, but if I call the seek64() function, it
just ignores it. I mean, if I call:

libssh2_sftp_seek64(file,0);

and then:

libssh2_sftp_read(file,data,128);

The read operation continues the previous read operation (from byte 128), as
if I'd never called the seek function.

This issue happens in 1.2.8 and 1.2.9. The 1.2.7 seams to work fine with
seek calls.
I'm working under Windows 7, with Visual c++ 2010 (32 bit). The remote host
is a Debian Linux.
Any seek call I've tried (with different file sizes) has failed (it was
ignored by the API).

Is this a bug?, or I'm doing something wrong?

Regards,

Ezequiel