Subject: Re: SFTP issues

Re: SFTP issues

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 01:41:17 +0000

On 8 February 2012 00:15, Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk> wrote:
> On 7 February 2012 18:49, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>>
>> Will you do the additional edits?
>
> Sure.  I hope today some time.

Ok, here is the next patch; apply it on top of my other one.

The changes are more extensive that I'd planned so I'd appreciate some
careful review. Basically, the total_read variable turned out to be
completely pointless. Once I'd fixed the leftovers processing so that
it returned if there was any data, I couldn't work out how it could be
anything other than 0 for most of it's lifetime. The only time it was
incremented was just after we read data; a situation where we have to
return without reading any more data. So I got rid of it.

I'm still a little unsure of the code that deals with
freeing/iterating chunks. Especially in the case where the read was
short (short != EOF). Especially especially in the case where the
read was 0 (also 0 != EOF). So could reviewing eyes pay that aspect
particular attention.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)