Subject: Re: [libssh2] meaning of -37 "Failed getting banner" / "Unable to exchange encryption keys" /

Re: [libssh2] meaning of -37 "Failed getting banner" / "Unable to exchange encryption keys" /

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:01:45 +0200

Nick Rudnick wrote:
> you told an interference can't come from other sources, didn't you?

No. Signals can be sent to any process by any process with the same
or higher privileges in the system. This is a fundamental unix truth.

> A call to libssh2_test() runs flawless from C, while from Haskell, using
> two different approaches, without any other Haskell statements, leads to
> EINTR. I sent a question to a Haskell mailing list in how far, such a
> signal might have its origin in the Haskell foreign function interface.

I don't think the foreign function interface is neccessarily
involved, but some other part of Haskell can of course be sending a
signal to your process.

Write a minimal example and run it with strace -fF and hope that you
will see some process sending it.