Subject: Re: sftp_read degrading performance

Re: sftp_read degrading performance

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:46:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

> In these cases is actually *sends* more than it receives. When reading a
> sequence of such files, the reads get successively slower after each file is
> opened, read and closed. Using the very scientific method of stopping the
> debugger many times at random, it seems to be spending most of its time in
> sftp_packetlist_flush.

For the ones not tracking the IRC channel: the changes I pushed last night by
Alexander and myself seem to have fixed this problem.

There are still some other odd behaviors to work on but the worst problems
seem to have simply been the result of "zombie" responses (yeah, that's the
term we now use in the code for responses to requests that we don't care
about anymore).