Subject: Network hardware failure cases undesired behaviour in libssh2_channel_write_ex

Network hardware failure cases undesired behaviour in libssh2_channel_write_ex

From: Olof Tångrot <olof.tangrot_at_omicron.se>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:29:32 +0200

Hi I tested libssh2 1.4.2 after a problem originally found in 1.3.0 in
an embedded application (built with --with-openssl).
To find the root cause I have been testing using "disconnect" on the
virtual Ethernet hardware in a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS virtual machine.

First in both version the call hangs ad infinitum when the hardware gets
disconnected. When the hardware
is reconnected:

Version: 1.3.0 returns 0 and does not recover from that state

Version: 1.4.2. returns -5 which seems to indicate a fault in the
key-exchange.

1) A correct fault code should be resturned.

2) Is it possible to avoid the blocking when the hardware is disconnected?

Regards

Olof

<http://www.omicron.se>