Subject: Re: Newbie Problem with "missing symbols"

Re: Newbie Problem with "missing symbols"

From: Philipp Kalder <philipp_at_kalder.info>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:21:20 +0200

Hello Guenter,

On Jun 27, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Guenter wrote:

> Hi Philipp,
> Am 27.06.2012 08:50, schrieb Philipp Kalder:
>> just an update. I tried the same on a Linux VM with a very similar result.
>> Though the error message is different. This is either a result of different gcc versions
>> or the linux box just hasn't had the /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/include folder in it's PATH.
>>
>> configure on the linux Box showed:
>>
>> configure: summary of build options:
>>
>> version: 1.4.2
>> Host type: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> Install prefix: /usr/local
>> Compiler: gcc
>> Compiler flags: -g -O2
>> Library types: Shared=yes, Static=yes
>> Crypto library: openssl: no (AES-CTR: N/A) libgcrypt: yes
>> Debug build: no
>> Build examples: yes
>> Path to sshd: (only for self-tests)
>> libz compression: no
>>
>> And the build with % gcc -v ssh2_agent.c -o testBuild
>>
>> showed up as below. Here the arch is the same.
> you must tell the linker to link against libssh2:
> % gcc -v ssh2_agent.c -o testBuild -lssh2
>
> BTW. you can tell configure to build the shipping samples (IIRC with --enable-examples-build)

Thanks for the proper cmd line command. It worked.
Regarding the building of the samples, this seems to be a default option.
I was debugging the failing build in Xcode trying to build in on CMD line.
The samples had been build automatically as I build libssh2, but thanks
for the hint.

Best Regards,
Philipp