Subject: Re: libssh2-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 5

Re: libssh2-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 5

From: aalok sood <aalok_at_ideadevice.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 00:51:15 +0530

Thank you Peter for your time and help.

Here is a extract from channel.c
/*
 * libssh2_channel_get_exit_status
 *
 * Return the channel's program exit status. Note that the actual protocol
 * provides the full 32bit this function returns. We cannot abuse it to
 * return error values in case of errors so we return a zero if channel is
 * NULL.
 */

Now this makes sense, but sending back zero seems peculiar to me.
zero is a valid shell exit code, so we should send back something out of
valid
shell exit codes in case channel is None.
How about -1?

I have tried the SIGKILL, I get back a zero
from libssh2_channel_get_exit_status()

Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Aalok