Subject: Re: Installing libssh2 on HP-UX

Re: Installing libssh2 on HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:59:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Wes Donze wrote:

> Yes thankyou - I realize that's what it is trying to do but I do not think
> this is working

Well, obviously not. The question is _why_ it doesn't work!

> - as you can see below I have run make in the 'tests' directory and get the
> error as shown - however as you can see I have then done the ls as shown
> below which finds the relevant file.

Right. So what do you need to change on the command line to make it work on
HP-UX? We rely on libtool for exactly the purpose of it magically solving the
platform-specific tricks.

That build command line looks completely different when I run it on my Linux
box. It's been a decade or so since I logged in to a HP-UX machine and I
really can't remember any particular details or funny quirks that may be
required to get that link line to work.

> Can I hard code this in anywhere to get it going?

Well, that's "only" the test. You can probably just ignore it... But sure,
you can edit the Makefile as you see fit!