Subject: Keepalive Issue

Keepalive Issue

From: alberto Villa <a.villa_at_seletech.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:43:45 +0100

Hello, I'm trying to use libssh2 example ssh2_exec.c slightly modified
in order to experiment keepalive support.

I modified the following line:

// Here I want a blocking session
libssh2_session_set_blocking(session, 0); --->
libssh2_session_set_blocking(session, 1);

and added the following:

libssh2_keepalive_config(session, 1, 20);

just before the call to libssh2_channel_open_session(). Now I use this
version of ssh2_exec to exec the command

tail -f file

on my remote host. No one is writing on file on the remote host.

What happens is that my ssh connection (on my side) times-out and is
closed. Is this a feature of libssh2? does the connection times-out
because no IO is done since no one is writing on the file on the remote
host? Or am I missing something in using keepalives?

thank you

Alberto

--
Dr. Villa Alberto