Subject: Re: Allow authentication to be passed in memory - blast from the past

Re: Allow authentication to be passed in memory - blast from the past

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 00:43:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, David Calavera wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had time to review my patch.

The idea seems reasonable to me, but I would prefer if you'd post the
patch(es) for review here on the mailing list rather than pointing out
something (on github) so that we can comment and discuss them here.

I would also wouldn't mind to hear someone else voice their support for this
functionality just to be sure that we're working on something more people
actually find sensible to add.

Personally I don't like the use of a macro that is the most widely used
version of a function that then calls the actual *_ex() function - but I'm
fully aware that we have a busload of functions done like that already...

Does it also work when built to use gcrypt instead of OpenSSL?