Subject: Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:49:00 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015, Peter Stuge wrote:

>> All in the name of going where there's already a large amount of users, it
>> brings features and it encourages and simplifies collaboration even
>> further. Do it "like the kids do".
>
> Since when was being mainstream ever a good thing?

Lowering barriers and reducing friction for newcomers are good things in my
mind. Apparently I'm not the only one thinking so.

> GitHub Inc. is a privately held company in the USA. I don't see how it could
> be beneficial in any way for the project to give up its independence.

It would not give up independence. It would use one or more services provided
by that company.

>> It is related to cost, but not strictly the price for the certificate but
>> even more so the effort and maintenence cost in time and energy.
>
> Please speak for yourself.

Did I *ever* speak for anyone else here? Of course I speak for myself and as
the person admining www.libssh2.org.