Subject: RE: [RELEASE] libssh2 1.5.0 is released!

RE: [RELEASE] libssh2 1.5.0 is released!

From: Bert Huijben <bert_at_qqmail.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:05:28 +0100

It is a small problem to me (but I have to work around it for a few other packages as well).

When I build packages for inclusion in SharpSvn and SharpGit, I run a tool that automatically adds their version control locations to the .pdb debug symbols. That way when somebody uses my debug symbols in Visual Studio, VS will just fetch the original sourcefiles directly from sourcecontrol when he/she steps through the code.

So in most cases I try to build from source repositories instead of from tarballs, as tarballs don't have these sourcecontrol locations available.

The slightly bigger problem is that it also affects the banner used for authentication to servers... 1.5.0 build from the tag will now identify as 1.4.4_dev, while 1.5.0_dev would be more accurate.

If a server would have different behavior for different versions of libssh2, it would choose the wrong behavior. (But I think currently only some clients such as putty really use this behavior tweaking)

        Bert