Subject: Building libssh2 in Windows using CMAKE

Building libssh2 in Windows using CMAKE

From: Mark Anthony Santos <MarkAnthony.Santos_at_infor.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 07:47:17 +0000

Hello,

I'd like to change my application to use libssh2 instead of libssh but I'm getting an error from the very start of cmake.

I downloaded the code from https://github.com/libssh2/libssh2 and followed what is written in INSTALL_CMAKE

First I run :

cmake <libssh2 source location> // I'm currently in libssh2\src directory

In which I already getting a warning "No cmake_minimum_required command is present." There's also a message in the end that says [Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! See also "C:/libssh2-master/src/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".] but when I checked CMakeOutput.log I found no error.

I tried adding cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.3.0) and it generated new errors. (please see below) :

C:\libssh2-master\src>cmake .
-- Building for: Visual Studio 10 2010
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:40 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    CheckFunctionExistsMayNeedLibrary

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:44 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    CheckNonblockingSocketSupport

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:45 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    SocketLibraries

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:209 (add_feature_info):
  Unknown CMake command "add_feature_info".

Hope you can help me.

Thanks,
Mark