Subject: Re: Want to build monolithic libssh2.dll on Windows (preferably Win32 and Win64) but no real success so far

Re: Want to build monolithic libssh2.dll on Windows (preferably Win32 and Win64) but no real success so far

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 12:36:59 +0000

On Thu, 3 Nov 2016, 08:39 Jeroen Wiert Pluimers, <jeroen.pluimers.com+
libssh2.org_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I've tried to find instructions on how to build a monolithic libssh2.dll on
Windows using Visual Studio.

I don't mind coming up with a good wiki page on building on Windows using
Visual Studio (2015 or newer) but the hints I find on-line on how to get
going are - ehm - dense or lacking.

So far I've come up with a two batch files in
https://gist.github.com/jpluimers/2bf514d658488a7ddfc189b0677a3a57

The first in the text of the gist compiles with WinCNG but the libssh2.dll
lacks things that web-site mentions are supported like ciphers (aes128-ctr,
aes256-ctr, aes192-ctr) and MAC algorithms (hmac-ripemd160,
hmac-ripemd160_at_openssh.com).

A separate batch file in the gist shows the kinds of things I've tried to
make monolithic Win64/Win32 versions of libssh2.dll to no avail.

I notice you tried to link statically against OpenSSL from slproweb. I'm
not sure they contain static libs for Visual Studio 2015 (or at all), so
you might need to compile your own. FWIW, I use the hunter package manager
to compile everything into a monolithic binary:
https://github.com/ruslo/hunter

Alex