Subject: All tests failing

All tests failing

From: Dave Taflin <dtaflin_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 19:10:27 +0000

I'm considering using libssh2 in software I'm developing. I've configured with CMake and built on Windows Vista with Visual Studio 2013. The build went fine, but all the tests (building the RUN_TESTS target) failed. Running them verbosely in a command shell, I observed that they require Docker--all the test commands are something like:

docker build -t libssh2/openssh_server openssh_server

So I installed Docker (that took awhile!) and ran the tests in the Docker Quickstart Terminal. They all fail with the following message:

libssh2_session_handshake failed (-5): Unable to exchange encryption keys

So, a question and a suggestion...

Question: Should I be concerned about the failed tests?

Suggestion: Document the requirement for Docker to run the tests, and/or make the CMake BUILD_TESTING flag default to off so developers don't see the tests and expect them to work like I did.

Thanks,

Dave