Subject: Valgrind reports unitialized data in 'scp_write_nonblock' example

Valgrind reports unitialized data in 'scp_write_nonblock' example

From: Jarkko Palviainen via libssh2-devel <libssh2-devel_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 08:48:54 +0000

I've been familiarizing myself with libssh2 examples and trying things out.
While testing my own code I noticed that valgrind gives a warning about
uninitialized memory and reproduced it with 'scp_write_nonblock' example.
See the attachment for valgrind log.

The environment is Debian 8.9 with libssh2-1:amd64 1.4.3-4.1+deb8u1

Can you comment whether this is a bug in the example, in libssh2 1.4.3 or
false positive report? Please, note that Debian 8 as well as RHEL/Centos 7
ship a (security) patched 1.4.3 libssh2.

The example code is taken as-is from
https://www.libssh2.org/examples/scp_write_nonblock.html and compiled with
system-provided libssh2.

- Jarkko