Subject: Windows compilation help

Windows compilation help

From: Milind Gupta <milind.gupta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:18:40 -0700

 Hi,
         When I run configure using MinGW I see the following warning:

checking winsock2.h usability... no
checking winsock2.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING: ## ----------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to libssh2-devel_at_cool.haxx.se ##
configure: WARNING: ## ----------------------------------------- ##
checking for winsock2.h... no
checking ws2tcpip.h usability... no
checking ws2tcpip.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to libssh2-devel_at_cool.haxx.se ##
checking for ws2tcpip.h... no

Subsequent make shows error like undefined type SOCKET etc.
Please let me know how should I proceed to get around these errors.

Thanks,
Milind