Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_init() hangs with zlib compression turned on

Re: libssh2_sftp_init() hangs with zlib compression turned on

From: Gebi Miguel <gebi.miguel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:10:05 -0800

So I've copied the file libssh2_config.h from a build without zlib and successfully compiled it all. To make sftp_write_nonblock.c attempt to use zlib I had to add another line of code early on ...

libssh2_session_flag (session, LIBSSH2_FLAG_COMPRESS, 1);

... and try with a server that supports compression (RebexTinySftpServer.exe doesn't but then again, that's not its claim to fame, so this is not a complaint in the least) so the function kex_agree_comp() succeeds.

Thanks again for your response, Peter, you have helped me get where I need to be!
If there is anyone that feels like taking on the cmake issue that made non-blocking sockets unavailable to libSSH2 with zlib, please respond. I'll happily try and test and help in any way I can!