Subject: Re: [libssh2] indent mini script

Re: [libssh2] indent mini script

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:55:52 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-7AX/Qt632QQ_at_public.gmane.org> writes:

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Thomas Harding wrote:
>
>> just a one-line script to help with indent.
>
> I would rather prefer the longer version I posted in my commit message as that
> is more elaborate on exactly what it does.

I also prefer your version, since I assume it is what generated the
current code.

Some reflections:

Can't we use a make target for this, rather than a script? I'm thinking
'make indent'.

Really my concern is that there are now several scripts in the top-level
directory; maketgz, get_ver.awk, buildconf.. That feels somewhat messy
to me, although I may be over-pedantic. Should we move those to a
build-aux/ sub-directory?

Oh btw, is there a reason for using the buildconf script rather than the
recommended 'autoreconf --install'?

/Simon - now firmly seated in the nit-picking back seat