Subject: [libssh2] Symlink or Hardlink?

[libssh2] Symlink or Hardlink?

From: Neil Gierman <ngierman_at_roadrunn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 23:21:11 -0500

According to the last draft of SFTP I see
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13#section-8.7), the
Link packet of SFTP supports hardlink or symlink, with the last byte of the
packet being true for symlink or false for hardlink. In the documentation of
libssh2, there is only mention of symlink, however looking at the code of
0.18, we're not setting that last byte of the packet and therefore only
creating a hardlink. I have not had a chance to test this as I am short on
this release's schedule, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the symlink
function and if it creates a hard oy symbolic link. Either way, I think
there should be a new "link_type" you can pass to libssh2_sftp_symlink_ex
that will determine which type of link to create and populate the last byte
of the sftp packet appropriately.