Subject: Re: RE : RE : RE : For the interested ones :libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fromfile with no need of the publickeyfile

Re: RE : RE : RE : For the interested ones :libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fromfile with no need of the publickeyfile

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:52:19 +0000

2009/3/27 Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>:
> "Jean-Louis CHARTON" <Jean-Louis.CHARTON_at_oikialog.com> writes:
>
>> maybe my suggestion to make the publickeyfile parameter optional is
>> not interesting at all.
>
> I haven't understood exactly when this would be useful?

Many SSH programs only ask the user to provide the location of their
private keyfile to do public-key authentication. Although, both keys
are required to authenticate, the public-key can be derived from the
private-key.

Allowing a null value for this parameter means programs based on
libssh2 only need to ask the user for one key; something they have
probably grown used to.

Alex