Subject: Re: Character conversion for sftp

Re: Character conversion for sftp

From: NAGASEKHAR BHUVANAGIRI <bnagasekhar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:49:43 +0530

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, NAGASEKHAR BHUVANAGIRI wrote:

Could someone advice me how the character conversion can be handled for
sftp?

(I removed the libssh2 list as a receiver, this is a libcurl question)

Why would libcurl do any conversion of data when doing SFTP? SFTP is defined
as a pure binary transfer and you get the data exactly the way the server
sends it!

If you want to convert it somehow, then that responsibility is yours.

The conversion is for control responses and not for data. The reponse
received by banner_receive method in (libssh2's session.c) is garbled and
gived PACKET_FAIL error. This issue is specific to z/OS.
Thanks,
Nagasekhar
Aha, but then this issue is *competely* about libssh2 internals and the
libssh2-devel is the proper place for this discussion.
I don't think we have any support for such converions in libssh2 so it will
probably take some effort to get it added.