Subject: Re: Compile Problem

Re: Compile Problem

From: Lyndon Hill <emptystate_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:52:35 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sat, 17/4/10, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Let me just emphasize that this library is in fact named
> libssh2

My bad. I know that, it must have been a typo.

> as there is a completely separate library and
> project named libssh...

Yes; it is confusing. I guess all the good names were taken ;)

> So configure found libz but when it links it no longer
> finds it? Can you show us your configure command line?

Yes, configure finds it and it is in the top Makefile in
various places, e.g. LIBZ=/...

It seems that the parameters passed to libtool in sub directories
don't include include -lz and -L/path/to/libz. As it happens,
I just built libcurl and linked to libssh2 and experienced a similar
problem where libtool did not have a -lssh2 when building the curl
tool. In that case I added -lssh2 to the line LIBS= in the top Makefile.
I suspect this is a symptom of the same problem.

My configure line was in my first post on this topic, in this mailing
list.

> BTW, since you're cross-compiling you won't be able to run
> the tests anyway since they assume that you can run them on
> the machine you build on.

Oh. I was hoping to transfer them and run on the target platform,
to verify that everything was working OK.