Subject: Adopt python bindings?

Adopt python bindings?

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:28:02 +0200

Hi!

Sebastian (wallunit on IRC) has been making some nice improvements to
the python bindings for libssh2, currently on github:

http://github.com/wallunit/ssh4py-wallunit/commits/master

I was thinking that maybe we want to adopt the bindings into the
libssh2 project, since Sebastian is prepared to keep them up to date
with the C library.

For now it would basically mean another git repo on the server and a
new component in Trac. Unfortunately Trac doesn't handle multiple
repos, but maybe that's not a big deal for now, and I'm also looking
into the mtrack project which may be a relevant replacement for Trac.
(Completely inspired by Trac, but multirepo from the start.)

(Or, of course, a multirepo TracHack would work, but that situation
hasn't really changed much lately AFAIK, I guess it's just a bad fit
for the design of Trac. :\)

Does anyone feel particularly strongly *against* having some official
python bindings?