Subject: Re: Adopt python bindings?

Re: Adopt python bindings?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:52:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Peter Stuge wrote:

> I was thinking that maybe we want to adopt the bindings into the libssh2
> project, since Sebastian is prepared to keep them up to date with the C
> library.

I don't mind. I've seen projects successfully and unsuccessfully use either
way so I think it's mostly a matter of what the guys working on the actual
binding want.

However, if we should have "official" bindings I think we should strive at
having them very thin layered and to add as little extra intelligence and
logic as possible. That makes bindings look more similar and follow the
library's own concept more and it'll be easier to help out between bindings
and to share docs etc.