Subject: Re: "Callback returned error" with public key authentication, under windows, linux works

Re: "Callback returned error" with public key authentication, under windows, linux works

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:50:40 +0100

On 11 May 2010 09:29, Bart Simpson <b_a_r_t_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> at the moment i write my bachelor thesis and need libssh2 to connect to a
> linux machine to run some commands and download files.
> The goal is to write a program which runs on a windows and linux system and
> it should use so many functions of the Qt lib as possible.

Just out of interest, is there any reason you pass things around as a QString?

> At this point my program runs perfectly on a linux system (authentication
> with public key and password only works).
> But on a windows system only password authentication works. The problem is i
> need public key authentication for my project.
>
> I get this error when i try to authenticate via public key under windows:
>    error-code: -19
>    error-text. Callback returned error

-19 is LIBSSH2_ERROR_PUBLICKEY_UNVERIFIED and the error text should be
"Invalid signature for supplied public key, or bad username/public key
combination" not "Callback returned error" (I have no idea where this
second string came from).

As for why, you're going to have to debug that one yourself.

Alex