Subject: Re: openssh connection sharing

Re: openssh connection sharing

From: Thomas Stover <thomas_at_wsinnovations.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:38:10 -0500

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:41:36 +0200, Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se> wrote:
> It works fine in libssh2 too, but the interface is not a
> controlmaster unix socket, but a C API. You create new channels using
> the libssh2_channel_open_*() functions.

Let me reword that. Let's say I have open ssh client connected to some
host with a connection sharing master control socket. Then I run a libssh2
based application that intends to connect to the same host as the same user
as the already established open ssh client connection. In this situation
the libssh2 based program could conceptually created a unix socket instead
of internet one, connect it, and hand that to something like
libssh2_session_startup_from_control_master(), that skips through
authentication. Just a thought.

--
www.thomasstover.com