Subject: Re: openssh connection sharing

Re: openssh connection sharing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:41:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Thomas Stover wrote:

> Let me reword that. Let's say I have open ssh client connected to some host
> with a connection sharing master control socket. Then I run a libssh2 based
> application that intends to connect to the same host as the same user as the
> already established open ssh client connection. In this situation the
> libssh2 based program could conceptually created a unix socket instead of
> internet one, connect it, and hand that to something like
> libssh2_session_startup_from_control_master(), that skips through
> authentication. Just a thought.

But as said, the SSH2-based parts are already there and supported by libssh2.
There's nothing magic in setting up more channels over an existing session.

The special part is what you need to do to make your new applications connect
and communicate with the "control master" etc, but that's not really SSH and
not libssh2's business.