Subject: RE: sftp uploads greatly improved

RE: sftp uploads greatly improved

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:22:06 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Mark Riordan wrote:

>> And removed from uploads, because it is tricky to keep the API working like
>> it used to with that optimization. Maybe we should just introduce new API
>> to get the better performance.
>
> Oh, I didn't catch on that that is what was removed. Well, I'd certainly be
> very interested in a new API to address this. I may not be able to use
> libssh2 without this optimization, due to performance expectations from my
> users.

No let me clarify: the multiple outgoing SFTP packets concept is still there
and should make SFTP uploads faster than previous libssh2 versions. I want to
make the same logic in the SFTP read code later on.

What I reverted last night was the channel-sending function's ability to loop
over a larger channel packet and send it off in several smaller
transport-packets. I tried that as a part of my general libssh2 optimizations.

It's GREAT to see that we finally are again working good on Windows again!