Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

Re: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

From: Alexander Lamaison <awl03_at_doc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:36:43 +0100

On Friday, August 26, 2011, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>
>>> In general our API is designed to assume that you will call the same
>>> function again after an EAGAIN has been called.
>>
>> What about aborting an in-progress operation? How would you do this using
the libssh2 API? Up till now I've only been using libssh2 in blocking mode
but, in the near future, I was hoping to use it non-blocking to improve
user-interaction. My aim was to put the user always in control such that if
something takes too long and they get impatient they cab simply abort the
current operation. I imagined that I would do this by setting a flag and
then simply not continue the loop on the next EAGAIN. Would this be a bad
way to do it?

> Well, I would like that to work but I think that there are situations
right now that will not work like that.

> We should work on fixing things so that we never send broken packets, even
if EAGAIN is returned and another function is called afterwards.

Out of interest, what are people using the non-blocking mode for now if this
doesn't work? Only for progress display?

> But then there's a lot of things we can work on! =)

Don't I know it. I have a long list of changes I want to make and no time to
do them :(

Alex