Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

Re: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:51:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

>> We should work on fixing things so that we never send broken packets, even
>> if EAGAIN is returned and another function is called afterwards.
>
> Out of interest, what are people using the non-blocking mode for now if this
> doesn't work? Only for progress display?

Well, first it is only a problem in a very small fraction of all cases. Then,
the problem is probably often not that serious to an application when it
occurs since it would normally be when it shuts down things.

I've never seen a report about this, not here and not among libcurl users (who
should be able to trigger this I suspect).

I don't know what people use non-blocking mode for, but I know that libcurl
uses it to offer SCP and SFTP transfers to applications such as curl.