Subject: Re: Patch to ticket 228

Re: Patch to ticket 228

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:34:11 +0200

Jernej Kovacic wrote:
> There are two files attached. The first is (should be) the same as in
> better but I am not very familiar with Git :(

When these two commits are the last on a local branch you can run:

git rebase -i HEAD^^

to open a rebase script. Change the second pick to fixup, and that
commit will be integrated into the previous one.

See also http://progit.org/book/ch6-4.html and man git-rebase and
feel free to ask if you have questions. We are also on IRC in
#libssh2 on irc.freenode.net.

For the commit message, please note that you should reference the
ticket as described on http://trac.libssh2.org/wiki/Development

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I only have one comment left here: 'char ***arg' is a really
> unfortunate argument type. I bet that will scare weak-hearted users
> really good. The least we can do is to offer an example in the man
> page showing how to use it...

I would favor using ** and taking a length parameter, so that we work
toward less malloc within libssh2 instead of more.