Subject: Re: SFTP issues

Re: SFTP issues

From: Salvador Fandino <sfandino_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:17:04 +0100

[I already sent this mail through gmane yesterday, but it never made
into the list, so I am resending it directly]

On 02/10/2012 04:22 PM, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
> On 10 February 2012 13:21, Daniel Stenberg <daniel-7AX/Qt632QQ_at_public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> Would anyone mind if I push these three commits now on master to easier
>> allow us all to see the complete source and continue working on improving
>> it?
>
> Not at all; I was going to suggest doing so. I tested them in my
> larger project last night and could read a 32MB image with no problem.

32MB is very short...

Let me explain: I am the author of the Perl module Net::SFTP::Foreign, a
full implementation of the SFTP protocol v3 in Perl. This module has
support for several backends, and one of them use Net::SSH2, the Perl
wrapper for libssh2.

I have been testing my module with libssh2 1.4.0 and found that put
transfers always stall after reading around 262130 +-10 from the channel
(note that my module does not use the SFTP functionality from libssh2,
it just connects to the remote server, creates a new channel and then
writes and reads from it).

After seeing this thread I got the source from git, hoping that my
problem would have being also solved, but is hasn't.

My intention was to investigate this bug further removing all the perl
layers in order to send you a proper bug report, but as you are already
working in a similar problem, I thought it would be better to let you
know about my problem now.

Actually, I got into testing 1.4.0 because one of the users of
Net::SFTP::Foreign reported it has problems when his transfers go over
1.5GB using Net::SSH2 compiled against libssh2 1.2.8.